Sebring Regional Airport is open to the public.
The airport is located in north of Lake Placid in the town of Sebring.
The airport was built in 1940 and was originally named Hendricks Field. The US Army Air Corps used the airport during World War II to train flight crews for the B-17 Flying Fortress. In 1946 the airport was acquired by the City of Sebring and used for a civilian airfield.
The Sebring Regional Airport is also the home of the Sebring Races, an endurance American Le Mans race held in March of each year since 1952.
The airport is just a short drive from Lake Placid.